Here Is My New Tank

big25g

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to keeping fish, and the forum, so i thought i would post a couple of pics of my tank.

DSC00133.jpg

I would take more but im using my phone and i cant catch the fish way to quick for me.

The tank is a 36"x18"x12"

and is stocked, with about 15 guppys, 3 loaches, and 2 gold dwarf gouramis

Gary

nice looking tank, have you had any trouble with the Dwarf Gouramis

Thanks guys, the guoramis havent been to bad, they do chase each other now and again, but neither of them have been damaged. Im not entirely sure what the light it, its made by marina. The bulb in there at the moment is Aqua Glo 25 watt. I think i may need more light that that though due to the plants, they seem to be coping at the moment though.

When i get my SLR back of my dad, ill take some better photos.

Thanks
Gary

More than great for a start in fish keeping, but those do not look like dwarf gourmis, they look like three spot gourmis.

Thanks guys

More than great for a start in fish keeping, but those do not look like dwarf gourmis, they look like three spot gourmis.

here is a photo of one of the guourmis, Incase i think i have the wrong species

gourami.jpg

just taking some more at the moment i have my slr back,

Thanks
Gary

some more pics

One of my very pretty guppys:
guppy1.jpg

Both Gourami's:
both.jpg

My Tank:
tankrgiht.jpg

And again:
lefttank.jpg

Thanks
Gary

Are all the guppies one gender? Because you would get 50-100 and more of fry in your tank. :good:

Can you confirm what type of gourami i have please? just out of interest.

There are a few females in there, I was told the female are slightly bigger and arnt as colourful. there was some fry in there, but i think alot of them got eaten :(

Don't worry about the fry overtaking your aquarium, the gouramis will take care of it.

The gourami look like the yellow/gold ones that i used to have. I really like gouramis but found they were constantly attacking eachother , lfs was useless & said they would be fine in pairs. So i got 2 gold, 2 blue & 2 dwarf ones (red/blue in colour). GRR @ lfs

Most reactions

Back