Help!

Kingsnorky

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well Ranger had ick on his head I treated it, it slowly went away but their was like a dint in his head from the ick.
So I got him a white apple snail to clean his tank.
But a week latter after I got the snail thiers stringy peices of his tail :(
Hes not eating hes never moving barly.
please help me. :(

Thats what I thought I mean ranger is lazy but I am sure he wouldn't let a slow snail eat his tail but I'll remove him to be safe

oppositearmor said:
it sounds like they r eatin ur betta! remove the snails immediatly!
:blink:
Pardon me for asking, but where did you come up with that idea?? *lol*

How big is the tank? My bet would be on the snail causing the water to dirty faster and the betta may be getting finrot because of this.

well, there's nothing else in the tank. i think a snail could slowly eat a fish, i mean, look what those african frogs can do.

What are your recent ammonia, nitrate and nitrite stats and how often do you clean out his tank/do water changes?
Does his tail look white/grey at the edges or red/inflamed looking?

sorry it toke me so long to reply. Ive bin cleaning tanks. his tank is a five gallon his tail just looks stringy. the snail died I dunno how that happen

Edit I clean his tank every monday

Are you positive he's dead? Snails can sit in a half open position for days and just be resting... so I doubt he's dead. A snail shouldn't be dirtying your tank to the point that he's getting fin rot unless it's a really large snail...

What kind of snail is he anyways?

And no, the snail is NOT eating your fish... they pretty much only eat microalgae and plants... not fish tails.

Most reactions

Back