Help?

SushiRollsAquabuds

Reaction score
Good morning ,

I woke up to seeing little “worms“ or ” string-like” creatures on sushi’s tank, they are “walking” throughout the glass . I thought they were dust particles on my glass but then I looked closely and saw that they moved or floated on water. they are all over the tank .
Is this normal ? and are they friendly? if you want pictures let me know , I’ll send them to you through replies although I, not sure they will be able to be seen because of how small and thin they are so I’ll try my best.
i currently have no pictures since it’s really early right now I’ll show some later.

Try for pictures but they sound like detritus worms. Check google images to see if they are. They are a sign that you may be overfeeding. Step up maintenance and reduce feeding for a while and see if they reduce in number.

Try for pictures but they sound like detritus worms. Check google images to see if they are. They are a sign that you may be overfeeding. Step up maintenance and reduce feeding for a while and see if they reduce in number.
After watching a few videos I can confirm they are detritus worms. Is this normal to happen after cleaning a tank? I just cleaned my tank yesterday and before putting my fish in I just saw the little worms . i got a clean tank but with worms 😅 alright I’ll reduce feeding for a while and we’ll see. Is there any other methods to get rid of them? To me, they can be kind of gross I’m not a fan of little strange creatures . Thank you for advice!

It's normal to see them on the glass in tanks that have had too much food or too little maintenance. Sort out that issue and you should get rid of them (although there may be small numbers left in the substrate that you won't see).

Yep, they are harmless and lots of fish enjoy nibbling on them. An explosion of their population can indicate overfeeding.

Most reactions

Back