Help!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bomberman

Reaction score
Well i think i really need some help. I just started recycling my tank. It was a puffer tank but my cousin put to much salt in so it was a "saltwater" tank and killed all of my dwarf puffers and bumble bee gobies that were in the tank! So i cleaned it out on christmas day since i had nothing better to do since i opened all of my presents(14g biocube with stand!!! going to be a nano reef tank !) I rinsed out all the plants, rocks , filter , and heater, and lights since it had salt all over it and pput it all together agaijn. Put water in and Bam i was done. the next day it was cloduy i think it was form an algae bloom not msure. then today its even cloudier! i cant even see the back of the tank! is this just a major algae bloom in the tank? another thing i forgot to say is that i got a new filter pad and i transfered some of the filter media from my other established tank to the new pad. is that why my tank is so cloudy? o and another thing .. lol sorry i can see round circular blotches at the top of the water surfaces moving around in the current. what are those?

thanks B-man

'Cloudy' as in white cloudy or green cloudy oe what?

An algae bloom like that IN ONE DAY??????

Did you add more substrate? That would account for any white cloudiness...

another thing i forgot to say is that i got a new filter pad and i transfered some of the filter media from my other established tank to the new pad. is that why my tank is so cloudy?
Doubt it.

Andy

Supercoley1: that would be great but i live in the US so if i could find one that would be great(UV seralizer)
Underwurlde: it is more white cloudy and no i did not ad any new substrate. i used the original pea gravel but i made sure to rinse it out very well because of the saltwater.

thanks
B-Man

well if you go to a store you should get something to remove cloudy ness or something could happen also i wanted to know if you knew how to tell if a green spotted puffer is pregnat?

Uv Sterilizers can work wonders on green water. Here is a link to a thread I posted about 2 years ago to document the results on my 29 gallon tank.

Most reactions

Back