help

gourami fan

Reaction score
I need help a.s.a.p -_- My new angel fish is getting white dots on it and I don't know why. I read somwhere that they do this during breeding season. What does this all mean? :( :/ :S :sad: :-( :X

hi gourami fan - :)

pop into the beginner section and have a look - there is an excellent article on ich. I haven't heard of angels getting white spots in the breeding season. How long have you had the angel?

good luck - sue

Hi,
Angels dont get white spots during breeding times, some fish like goldfish do but in angels you will see a tiny tube just in front of where the anal fiin starts and perhaps more aggressive behaviour.
I think this could be Ich also, especially if its a new fish.
We need to get some more info from you so we can tell you the best way to treat it. If your tank is new or having other problems, treating the disease may have very little effect.
How long is the tank set up?
What temp is is at?
Do you have test kits and if so what are the results (ammonia, nitrite, PH etc..)??
What other fish are in there with the angel?
What size is the tank?
First off, I would raise the temp of the tank to 86F and add an airstone if you have one. I would be reluctant to advise adding medications until we get the answers to the above questions.

Ken

Most reactions

Back