Help With Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

johnnycomposure

Reaction score
Hello.
I am successfully running a tropical juwel 125litre aqaurium with very few issues from the start.
But now I am getting a Fluval Edge tank for xmas to go on my desk. Since I first saw them I wanted to have some Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. I would love to have maybe 4 in the fluval Edge tank but I know little about them.
Can you first tell me if its possible to have the in the edge tank and if so, what fish can go in there with them.

Btw I am new here so hello :)

Hello.
I am successfully running a tropical juwel 125litre aqaurium with very few issues from the start.
But now I am getting a Fluval Edge tank for xmas to go on my desk. Since I first saw them I wanted to have some Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. I would love to have maybe 4 in the fluval Edge tank but I know little about them.
Can you first tell me if its possible to have the in the edge tank and if so, what fish can go in there with them.

Btw I am new here so hello :)

Hi & Welcome :santa:

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp are Marine shrimps and I'm not aware of the Fluval Edge aquariums being suitable for Saltwater set-ups..

There are plenty of nice freshwater Shrimps available for instance Cherry Shrimp :0) If you go with freshwater shrimps the only problem with the edge is the low lighting so you will have to choose wisely when picking plants... Sasly most species wouldn't flourish due to the edges poor lighting.

Keep us posted on what you decided to go with :)

All the best,

Lawrence

Hi thanks for the good reply.

I would really like the Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.. So I would need a saltwater setup in the tank?

I will try to research fluval edge/saltwater setup.

Most reactions

Back