Help with plants

Peterfc1686

Reaction score
Hi All
I have a big tank and i'am having trouble finding plants for a tank almost 4ft deep. I have plenty of Anubias a couple of Crypts but i can't find anywhere to get advice on deep tanks and plants suitable for them.
It's the type of plant i would like help with not go to Joes fish shop.
I am in Portugal so it's something i will have to order from a local fish shop.
Thanks

When you say 4 feet deep, I assume that is the height of the tank (top to bottom)?
If yes, what light/s do you have on the tank?

Tall plants include Ambulia, Cabomba, Hygrophilla polysperma, narrow or giant/ jungle Vallis. You can also get water lilies that will grow up to the surface and the leaves will float on top.

Ooooh 4ft deep?? How the heck do you reach the bottom without climbing in? Photos please!

You could try vallisineria gigantea, crinum calamistratum, aponogeton madacascariensis or there's cryptocoryne balansae

Hi All
I have a big tank and i'am having trouble finding plants for a tank almost 4ft deep. I have plenty of Anubias a couple of Crypts but i can't find anywhere to get advice on deep tanks and plants suitable for them.
It's the type of plant i would like help with not go to Joes fish shop.
I am in Portugal so it's something i will have to order from a local fish shop.
Thanks
My plans are to tie plants to acrylic poles at two corners on the tank, running bottom to top. I want to maximize bottom area for the fish in my big tank that enjoy playing in the sand. Plants & poles have been ordered. Going with Java & Anubias.

When you say 4 feet deep, I assume that is the height of the tank (top to bottom)?
If yes, what light/s do you have on the tank?

Tall plants include Ambulia, Cabomba, Hygrophilla polysperma, narrow or giant/ jungle Vallis. You can also get water lilies that will grow up to the surface and the leaves will float on top.
It must be front to back; if it were 48 inches tall he would have to climb into the aquarium to plant things; or perhaps he is one of those odd balls with arms twice as long as everyone else...

Then again i can attest from personal experience that jungle val can grow over 12 ft long.

Hi All
Thanks for all your comments i will when i get to my local fish shop is if he has any of your suggestion. I have been off line due to being in hospital for a minor OP.

Yes my tank is almost 4ft deep and when i plant or do any work in the tank i have to drain the tank to just below my knee. I have two what are called IBC containers and they have a food grade bag inside so the water is perfect. These tanks give me about 2,200 liters of water for filling up after i have been in the tank. Realy i need another 1,100 litre tank so i can fully fill my tank.
Again thanks for all the suggestions.
Peter

Before you buy plants what sort of light do you have; and how much is reaching the bottom of your aquiarum ?

Most reactions

Back