Help with ID?

Voodoo

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I need some help identifying my pl*co. I have searched through planet catfish and cant seem to find a close match.

Any help would be appreciated.

Heres a pic of the fella

eba00439010f00000001.jpg

Thanks in advance :D

Mike

hey i think he might be a gibbicep

i have one of these fish and they grow huge
tell us what you think

;)

Yep, looks like a Gibbiceps to me. :thumbs:

Thanks for replying :p

Having researched a bit about the gibbiceps, I would be inclined to agree with all of you.
I did look at gibbiceps on planet catfish but because of the different markings that mine has, I assumed it wasnt one of those.
Guess im lucky enough to have a fairly unique one! :D
I never realised that they could reach 18 inches though, yikes!!

Thanks for your help.

Mike

What size tank do you have? Will you be able to keep him when he's larger? It would be a shame to have to trade him in - he's aweful pretty!

ALASKA

Well unfortunately I will have to give him up at some stage. :no:
My tank is only 35 uk gallons. He is about 4 inches at the moment but I dont know how fast they grow.
Oh well, hopefully i can enjoy him for another year or so before he outgrows the tank.

L001... have a look HERE..

It is a sort of spotty version of the gibbiceps.

Chris

P.S. I have one... he/she is cool. He has grown about 3 1/2 inches in 3 months ;)

Hi chris

Thanks for that. He does look more like that than a normal gibbiceps.

I says that they only grow to around 8 inches, which is great because it means I will get to keep him! :D

Your right it is a very cool fish, theres something quite majestic about them.

Mine just seems to glide through the water most of the time... effortlessly. Next thing you know, he/she gives a swift waft of the tail and it's gone. And it eats like a horse. Mine is about 6 inches long (without tail) now, and it doesn't look like it'll stop at 8 inches. Loves Hakiri? Algae wafers, and prawns too. :D :D :D

You'll have fun with this one.

Chris

Most reactions

Back