HELP with Guppy fry

PJGuppies

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have one Guppy fry that has a brown thing on his stomach, and white like poop, I tried to look at him through a magnafying(sp) glass but really cant see it...I know its brown and looks like his stomach is busting!! :sad: Please help!! I dont know of any meds that are safe for Fry!?!?!?!

My water conditions are fine:

Ammonia= 0
Nitrite= 0 (finally)
Nitrates= 0
ph= 7.6

I am doing water changes twice a week, I was doing everyday cause I had a HIGH Nitrite problem

Please someone help what can I do, I dont want to lose him or her!!!! :-(

I am going to assume that you have more than one fry alive, and that you are asking about this one in particular. This fry is a runt and should be destroyed for its own good. The brown on it's stomach area is the remains of the yolk sac and the white is the infection that happens when the yolk sac is not totally absorbed when the are first born. This often happens when a mature guppy gives birth to her 3rd or 4 brood, or to young immature guppies. You will get fry that are born defective.

Thanks for replying Dragon, yes I have 14 fry, and this one is about a month old!! I havent noticed anything wrong with him until today...I cant destroy him, I couldnt live with myself..so I will watch him and hope for the best, Hes swimming and eating fine..so I will keep my fingers crossed

Most reactions

Back