help with catfish ID and feeding

woodie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi we wanted enougher big catfish to go with our RTC, TSN and RTCxTSN went into our LFS and found a real beauty he's about 12-13inches long, long flowing whiskys dark grey with a red tail, there were calling him temple cat :huh: and said there were feeding him beef heart, no i've had him two weks now and i cant get him to eat anything have tried him on sinking pellets, beef heart, prawns running out of ideas,

so do any of you have a similar catfish (proper name would be great) and any ideas what i could tempt him on (at the mo he is a quarintine tank (4ft) )

ta

Clare :whistle:

Paul_MTS said:
Is there any chance of some pictures?

Hope you have nice big tank for all those lovely cats.

EDIT- on 2nd thoughts is he a Asian red tailed cat?-

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/bagri...mibagr/19_f.php
he's like that just darker in colour, wil get some pics of him tomrw.

wher actually moving we have two porta cabins coming and where actualy going to build a tropical pond (maybe with glass sides) to house them in :D

no sorry i meant were going to build the tank inside the porta cabin, not actually make the porta cabin water proof lol it will be probaly made out of fibre class, as i belive there would rip a pond liner
will pop some photos on oce where moved and sorted :)

hi i manged to get some pics of what i think is a temple i have popped them in the phot bit under catfish :)

Most reactions

Back