Help With An Egg

chewit

Reaction score
I have a little 17l tank i knows its small has 1 male fan tail 1 male swordtail
1 frog an 1 coolie loach worm thingy
I have a little egg well its round about the size of a little stone in my tank
any 1 help

I don't want to sound patronising, but are you sure it isn't an actual stone? I can't see it being from any of your fish; maybe the frog? I don't know anything about frogs; it won't be fertile though, you might as well take it out.

I know you know your tank is small, but that's really no excuse; the fantail especially needs a larger tank, and if you can't provide one, you should rehome it.

lol :lol: that reply made me smile fluttermoth!! i agree, there is no point keeping it in there as there is no chance it will 'hatch' into anything (except perhaps some smaller stones!!...sorry chewit...only joking!!). give it a wee squeeze between your fingers to check if it really is an egg...if so what laid it is a mystery to me!!! +1 on rehoming the fantail.

thanks guys for making me smile!

L :rofl:

No, we really did have someone on here a few months ago who thought they had an egg that turned out to be a white pebble!

ha ha!!! brilliant!! that is the type of extremely embarrassing thing i would get all excited over!!!

L :dunno: :blush:

My fav was the person who'd put some old gravel outside and thought they had fish fry that turned out to be mosquito larvae; poor thing had been feeding them for a couple of days before we worked it out!

It's a shame on this site that the people that reply are very rude an normally unhelpful
M

It's a shame on this site that the people that reply are very rude an normally unhelpful
M
Well, I'm very sorry you feel that way. I certanily had no intention of being rude towards you, and if I have been, then I apologise profusely.

Would you care to elaborate on how you feel I've failed to help?

I am sorry Chewit but an "egg" is not truly possible in a tank of livebearers. I do not want to be the bearer of bad news but that is the simple fact of things with the livebearers.

Most reactions

Back