Help, What Is This?

scorpio39

Reaction score
I have just noticed what looks like a snail in my tank, stuck to the glass, but i dont think its a snail, its red in colour?? Its small??

What shape is it, is it curled up like a spiral, is it cone shaped?

Will try to take a pic but i dont know how to switch of the flash, am not technical at all lol.
Hang on sec. here we go.

DSCF0123.jpg

Looks much bigger as i held a magnifying glass to it.

They usually come with live plants. Have you added any lately? They are harmless.

Thank you, not i have not added any for aslong as i have had the tank going, i only have 2 female guppy's and small fry, i have a couple of rocks that plants grow from, but they have been there for ages, aslong as its not bad. Do you just leave them there and let them get big? Or do you take them out and get rid?
Really a beginner at fish tanks and want to do it properly.

Thank you
xxx

Technically harmless.

However, they do reproduce very rapidly. Most people don't mind them until they have 100s. I'd say take it out just to prevent any future problems. (it's much easier to remove 1 than 100 later)

Technically harmless.

However, they do reproduce very rapidly. Most people don't mind them until they have 100s. I'd say take it out just to prevent any future problems. (it's much easier to remove 1 than 100 later)

Ok thank you, much appreciated.
Chris x

It would be absolutely fine to leave it in. You can take it out if you want though - the only time you would start killing some is if your tank became over run with them. They will eat algae so you might as well leave it in. :good:

It would be absolutely fine to leave it in. You can take it out if you want though - the only time you would start killing some is if your tank became over run with them. They will eat algae so you might as well leave it in. :good:

Ok i shall leave it in, as soon as i see more arriving, then i shall get rid, if theres only 1 how can they reproduce? Or am i being thick lol.

There is probably more than one in your tank.

Most reactions

Back