Help Stocking 47g Tank

lana

Fish Crazy
Reaction score

hi all

ok i know i am not ready to stock yet for those who have been following my other topic, when i am ready how many fish is my max and what make good comm, fish ?

so far i have

3 zebra danio
3 long fin danio
1 dalm. molly
1 common plec( which i know i have to rehouse, seeing if pet store will take him back)
3 albino cory
3 harleguir rarbora

i know guppies, platies and swordtail are good to but what else

i would like to see if i could add PERAL GOURAMIS at all to my tank

if that's your tank in the sig i wouldn't go mad stocking it, becuase it's not horizontally long, but if you stick an air stone in there you will be able to stick a lot of fish in there. Also, you wouldn't have to rehome the plec for a long time, so i wouldn't bother trying to ask the pet store if they will take it back yet. You can fit a lot more fish than your selection

if that's your tank in the sig i wouldn't go mad stocking it, becuase it's not horizontally long, but if you stick an air stone in there you will be able to stick a lot of fish in there. Also, you wouldn't have to rehome the plec for a long time, so i wouldn't bother trying to ask the pet store if they will take it back yet. You can fit a lot more fish than your selection

hi i do have a airstone in the back right corner ir is about 5 inches long and under the rock i just have it turned low

You know Iana, personally I would treat this tank as if it were the same width and depth but only 18" in height. When you put that into the calculator, you get 28g/106L. Height adds relatively little to a tanks ability to support fish (except that angels like it :D )

That would allow you another 10 inches of fish body (or so) (assuming you rehome the plec) and I think this would give you a good feeling that you have kept your situation safe. If, after 9 months or a year or so, you feel confident in the stability of your water stats and the filter doesn't seem taxed, you could revisit the question and decide if you wanted to increase the stocking some.

Some will say this is restricting you too much but that is just my opinion.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back