Help Plz!

@@@@@

Reaction score
Hi all, can any plants grow in sand as i forgot to put any plant substrate in underneath the sand, or is there other ways to give the plants what they need to grow :blush: thanks in advance :good:
any advice would be appreciated as i have yet to accomplish keeping live plants (sick of they artificial ones)

You can insert root tabs into the sand. Some easy plants won't need them but all plants with roots will benefit.

The fisrt hurdle most beginners have with plants is lack of light. Most kits don't come supplied with sufficient lighting.

Thanks :good: i do have some root tabs, i think i will get new lighting see if that helps! what plants would you advise to start off with, :good:

I'm no expert, but I'd start with Java Fern. Its easy, low-light, and it doesn't live in the substrate. It grows on driftwood and rock. If I can't kill it it's gotta be tough!

Hope this helps,

Matt

Thanks Matt, heard about java fern before i'll give that a try what else would you advise :good:

That looks superb wish mines looked something like that! will they plants be ok in sand because im sure i have heard that vallis don't do to well with sand thanks :good:

Thanks, lets hope this time they last more than a month :good:

Most reactions

Back