Help Please - What To Keep With Figure 8 Puffer?

lilspike20

Reaction score
i have a planted 190ltr tank with at the moment 5 corys 15 danios and just 1 puffer fish what else is compatible and easy to keep happy??
any advice/suggestions??

i have a planted 190ltr tank with at the moment 5 corys 15 danios and just 1 puffer fish what else is compatible and easy to keep happy??
any advice/suggestions??

My experience with puffers are that they bite chunks out of my (port) blue Acara.... So dunno what to suggest being compatable??

I agree with ludwig, puffers dont seem like the ideal companion.
Now they arnt really piscivores, most puffers are omnivores prefering crustations.
But like a shark if a puffer doesnt know what something is, it'll bite it.

So expect new things to take a bit of a battering,
which may result in livestocks death.

best advice i can give you is either just have the puffer,
or move him to another tank

I agree with ludwig, puffers dont seem like the ideal companion.
Now they arnt really piscivores, most puffers are omnivores prefering crustations.
But like a shark if a puffer doesnt know what something is, it'll bite it.

So expect new things to take a bit of a battering,
which may result in livestocks death.

best advice i can give you is either just have the puffer,
or move him to another tank

Well said Fred!!!!!

Thanks Ludwig :)

As for keeping stuff with Puffers.
I only really suggest keeping puffer's with puffers
or keeping it singularly

i just bought a figure 8 puffer yday and he litraly bit 1 of my panda cory in half :( the poor things tail was missing and it was praticaly dead. so be carfull with the pandas! also i heard getin fast fishes would be a good idea with a puffer as their pretty slow.. my silver shark seems to be ok with the puffer, but i feel like the puffer has different moods lol so i can see him biting 1 of my fishes whenever he feels like it.. lil git!!

i just bought a figure 8 puffer yday and he litraly bit 1 of my panda cory in half :( the poor things tail was missing and it was praticaly dead. so be carfull with the pandas! also i heard getin fast fishes would be a good idea with a puffer as their pretty slow.. my silver shark seems to be ok with the puffer, but i feel like the puffer has different moods lol so i can see him biting 1 of my fishes whenever he feels like it.. lil git!!

You really dug into the archives to find this post.... well done!!.... doing a little research before blatantly posing your question.... Good role model for anyone wanting to know about compatability of fish... how many fish to keep in xxxgallons.... is my guppy pregnant.....will my molly mate with my tiger barb... etc. etc.. etc!....

Puffers should only be kept with others of its kind, as they are very aggressive fish.

-FHM

Puffers should only be kept with others of its kind, as they are very aggressive fish.

-FHM

On afterthought,.... If my memory serves me correctly..... I think my Scats did survive comfortably with my Puffers... This is the early 70's I'm talking about, but someone may confirm... Scats are compatible with Puffers???.....

On afterthought,.... If my memory serves me correctly..... I think my Scats did survive comfortably with my Puffers... This is the early 70's I'm talking about, but someone may confirm... Scats are compatible with Puffers???.....

figure 8's and Scats are both brackish species and should be ok together

-FHM

Well, at least this applies for dwarf puffers.

Sorry for the mis-leading info, I just thought that dwarf puffers and figure 8 puffers were the same(besides size), therefore; had the same compatibility issues.

-FHM

Ye well... They both have those Rabbit like front teeth... won't put my finger in with either...

BTW, if you decide to do a google image search for "scat", be sure to add "+fish", otherwise you'll get some rather unpleasant photos! :crazy: :sick:

BTW, if you decide to do a google image search for "scat", be sure to add "+fish", otherwise you'll get some rather unpleasant photos! :crazy: :sick:

My turn :lol:... Geez!!!!.... now I also know what "Scat" means :sick:

Most reactions

Back