Help! Oscar Dying..

the.fish.fool

Reaction score
Help, my albino oscar is acting weird. I read that oscars lay down on their sides sometimes but it's been like this since last night and it looks like it's in a lot of pain. What can I do? Here's a video I took this morning:

When you pop back, if you can fill in the below, it'll help diagnose the problem quicker, hopefully without us having to wait for you to come back with more info. The quicker we know the below, the quicker we can help :)

1. Water parameters. (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, PH, temp', Hardness etc)
2. A full description of the fishes symptoms.
3. How often you do water changes and how much.
4. Any chemicals and treatments you add to the water.
5. What tank mates are in the tank.
6. Tank size.
7. Finally Have you recently added any new fish?

Request Help

Tank size:
pH:
ammonia:
nitrite:
nitrate:
kH:
gH:
tank temp:

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:

Tank inhabitants:

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):

Exposure to chemicals:

And increase your surface movement in the mean time, while we wait for the answers to the above.

Ok, i personally had a oscar that used to do this after maintainence in the tank, would usually last a day, oscars can get grumpy, esp after changing things in the tank, adding new tank mates etc...

Please as stated fill in the above form, As soon as you can preform a large water change, id say around 50%

Then say to us how often you change the water in the tank, oscars do not like dirty water, what with them being messy eaters you need great filteration on the tank and preforming waterchanges like clock work,

Please do not take my first paragraph as everything will be ok, as we do not know this,

I've seen alot of oscars pout, and this doesn't really look like pouting to me.(Maybe he's just more dramatic than mine were). We need to know everything about your tank to make an educated guess about what is wrong; water parameters, tankmates, tank size ect...

Yeah i only say this as i had one who would spend hours like that on the floor once i did something in her tank, certainly not normal, wouldnt like to say by any means its typical, please reply soon

to be honest, it looks to me like a oscar having a tantrum on the floor :)

Most reactions

Back