Help Needed To Chose Some Fish

I can understand why jazzz said what he/she did, although it wasnt in the best tone lol he/she was only trying to help joe understand that a tank needs to be properly cycled.

Joe what kind of fish do you like? Where abouts in Portsmouth you from? I go down every year and stay in Southsea where my auntie used to live :)

I can understand why jazzz said what he/she did, although it wasnt in the best tone lol he/she was only trying to help joe understand that a tank needs to be properly cycled.

Joe what kind of fish do you like? Where abouts in Portsmouth you from? I go down every year and stay in Southsea where my auntie used to live :)

i like all kinds of fish really i think there all peacefull and relaxing to watch, nothink to complicated tho on the first time just wanted a few ideas on what can and cant get

i live in baffins not far from southsea johny bout 10 minute car ride or so

Don't waste a 60 gallon on tiny fish, go for mid size, semi aggressive fish or at least go for mid size - bosemani rainbow, congo tetra, angelfish, rainbow sharks, small catfish such as raphael, loaches, large gourami... blahhh blah blah

they all sound nice mermaid mel, but i dont wanna be running befor i can walk lol... not gonna be geting some just yet just a idea of what to do some reasearch on and stuff thanks :)

Don't waste a 60 gallon on tiny fish, go for mid size, semi aggressive fish or at least go for mid size - bosemani rainbow, congo tetra, angelfish, rainbow sharks, small catfish such as raphael, loaches, large gourami... blahhh blah blah

they all sound nice mermaid mel, but i dont wanna be running befor i can walk lol... not gonna be geting some just yet just a idea of what to do some reasearch on and stuff thanks :)

To be honest hun apart from the gourami and angelfish, the species i mentioned are good for beginners cos they are hardy and adaptable.

What u could do to start off is get a large shoal of something small from the hardiest groups - say harlequin rasboras or danios, these are extremely hardy and very active and large groups are very effective and makes them feel ever so secure.

Then once you have got the hang of things, add some larger, peaceful fish, like 5 congo tetra (3 girls, 2 boys). Maybe swerve the rainbow sharks and loaches for now, as they can get aggressive.

Then a group of corydoras to expand on your current 2, as they like bigger groups and are excellent bottom dwellers (cleaners) foraging for left overs. All this takes time to build up, obviously make sure you understand what Jazzz was trying to say to you, understand your water stats and quality before adding fish but you know that already.

To be honest hun apart from the gourami and angelfish, the species i mentioned are good for beginners cos they are hardy and adaptable.

What u could do to start off is get a large shoal of something small from the hardiest groups - say harlequin rasboras or danios, these are extremely hardy and very active and large groups are very effective and makes them feel ever so secure.

Then once you have got the hang of things, add some larger, peaceful fish, like 5 congo tetra (3 girls, 2 boys). Maybe swerve the rainbow sharks and loaches for now, as they can get aggressive.

Then a group of corydoras to expand on your current 2, as they like bigger groups and are excellent bottom dwellers (cleaners) foraging for left overs. All this takes time to build up, obviously make sure you understand what Jazzz was trying to say to you, understand your water stats and quality before adding fish but you know that already.
[/quote]

cool thanks for that mel been alot of help :)

Most reactions

Back