Help Needed To Chose Some Fish

so it took a day then or were you at work for a month nonstop

you must know how long was there water in the tank before fish were added

during this time was the filter on

how i think you did it (or your grandad)

You filled the tank with tap water added an additive to remove chlorine

rinsed filter sponges in this treated water and then turned everything on

after leaving three weeks you bought 2 leopard cories

that was all done about 3 weeks ago i only added fish this saturday

so in the last 3 weeks what have you been doing to the tank

i think you got it wrong there

the tank was filled up about 4 weeks ago

and the fish got added this saturday

good job they didnt put you on the great train robbery ay

i think you got it wrong there

the tank was filled up about 4 weeks ago

and the fish got added this saturday

good job they didnt put you on the great train robbery ay

smegforbrains

i had just started adding fish thats what i mean by just started up a new tank

its a 60gallon

yes have tesdted it the results come back as
PH 7.6
nitrate 7.0

2x leopard corys

did have 14x neons
but they all died

the corys are fine they are swiming around playing with one another just fine

the tanks been up and running for 4 weeks

not cycled it yet, kinda guessing i should cycle it tho after seen whats been said???

what kinda fish would you recommend to put in??

many thanks

I wouldn't recommend any more fish until AFTER the tank has cycled.

What you have now is not ideal I am afraid. Unfortunately, LFS are notorious for not telling you the full story.

We do prefer to promote 'fishless cycling' as you are not subjecting any fish to the stress of the cycling process. There are a few threads about this on the forum.

If you can return the fish to the LFS and adopt this route, it will be much easier for you. I would seriously recommend this and so would 99.9% of the Aquarists on here.

Please take a look at the links:

Fishless Cycling

Mature Media Donation See if someone in your area can donate mature filter media - it will speed up the cycling process.

I am seriously cross with you Do you have eyes Your TANK IS NOT SUITIBLE FOR FISH LEAVING IT 4 WEEKS JUST LET THE WATER GO STALE.

LISTEN FOR ONCE YOU CAN NOT BUY ANY MORE FISH GIVE YOUR CORIES TO SOMEONE AND CYCLE YOUR TANK

Its how to set one up you need to ask, ask about fish in a couple of months

sorry for my anger outbrake

like i said i was asking about fish not setting up a tank all the other people who read my topic talked about fish not setting up a tank so you use your eyes for once and read it properlly dickie

Its how to set one up you need to ask, ask about fish in a couple of months

sorry for my anger outbrake
wooooh hold the reins bucko,leave the poor lass alone :grr:
why the hell would you jump striaght down here throat,ok you know how to set up your tank weldone, but this person has joined this forum in search of help not abuse so either help her in the correct way<tell her the errors of her ways as in exsplaining the situation,,, or just get lost,,,, :nod:

well im sorry if i offended u but i was asking a simple question so i can do some reasearch to pass some time sorry my bad jazz

ok sorry for that, not everyone on here is that rude and abusive :good:
i suggest you go to the newbie section<begginers>you will see theres some important subjects there that are pinned at the top,,they make for good reading and guide you step by step what you should do to set up the tank without fishes in :good: <fishless cycle, what happens is the filter needs to be matured in order to deal with the poo and urine exscreted from your fishes,and makes sure the nitrates/nitrites etc are at a healthy levels to let you fish live and thrive healthy lives to get maximum life from your fishes and happiness from both you and them :good:

well im sorry if i offended u but i was asking a simple question so i can do some reasearch to pass some time sorry my bad jazz

No sorry i was really wound up about something else and i snapped way to easily

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Really sorry please forgive me I have never had an outbrake of angr before.

Don't waste a 60 gallon on tiny fish, go for mid size, semi aggressive fish or at least go for mid size - bosemani rainbow, congo tetra, angelfish, rainbow sharks, small catfish such as raphael, loaches, large gourami... blahhh blah blah

Most reactions

Back