Help Needed To Chose Some Fish

portsmouthjoe

Reaction score
i have a 60 gallon tank, so far i have 2 leopard corys, need some help on picking some more fish, and suitable tanks mates for one another, can any one out there help one out many thanks :)

i have a 60 gallon tank, so far i have 2 leopard corys, need some help on picking some more fish, and suitable tanks mates for one another, can any one out there help one out many thanks :)

rainbow fish

bn's

emperor tetras

corys

nannacara anomala

What kind of tank so you want? Community? Semi-aggressive? Other?

im guessing on going with a comunity tank as, dont wanna run befor i can walk and kinda get ust to tropical fish abit so nothink to complicated and brain racking

thanks for your responces :)

please sort out your typing it seems as if your shouting.

Anyway cories need to be in groups of 6+

so i would reckomend maybe another 4 leopard cories

As for what else it greatly depends on what filtration you have what shape the tank is very tall and slim, round, square or rectangular?
Do you have an air stone or spray bar on the filter?
How long has the tank been set up?
Did you cycle the tank or leave for 7 days, or do nothing?
Live or fake plants?
Heater?

rainbow fish

bn's

emperor tetras

corys

nannacara anomala
yep thats a good list, or you could go with

10 colombian tetra
2 bristlenose plecs
2 keyhole cichlid <or one solo tbar cichlid>google the names to get the discriptions of these fishes :good:
your two cories

rainbow fish

bn's

emperor tetras

corys

nannacara anomala
yep thats a good list, or you could go with

10 colombian tetra
2 bristlenose plecs
2 keyhole cichlid <or one solo tbar cichlid>google the names to get the discriptions of these fishes :good:
your two cories

thanks alot ill look into that many thanks for the help most appreciated :)

sorry bout the typeing im new to this site not sure how to work it properlly

i have have a bow fronted tank
a rena xp3 external filter
i have a spray bar and a airstone
the tanks been set up for just over a month
yes i cycled the water
i have fake plants
and a 300w heater

how did you cycle the fish tank did you

1) add water and leave for 7 days before turning on filter rinsing media in tank water and adding fish
2) add water and leave for 7 days with filter on and adding fish
3) turn on everything and add amonia checking levels for a month before adding fish

to be honest with u i really dont have a clue sorry haha my grandad come round and done it for me wen i was at work

Most reactions

Back