HELP NEEDED ASAP

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Michelle150

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I went away for the night and my air pumps have stopped working and now fish air at the top gasping for air, I have turned down the heater and I have removed the filter so it is just above the water splashing bubbles.
What else can I do until I get a pump in the morning???

If you have a working filter your fish shouldn't struggle without the air pump.
Have you tested for ammonia and nitrite?

I think a big water change would get O2 in the water. Or pouring your tank water from a height into the tank. Plus if your ammonia/nitrite is above 0 then a big water change will help that too.

Na I have run out of everything, had someone meant to looking after them 4 me, not been well in and out hospital.
Well I'm screwed then as my fish will probably be dead in the morning.
All I need

I think a big water change would get O2 in the water. Or pouring your tank water from a height into the tank. Plus if your ammonia/nitrite is above 0 then a big water change will help that too.
So water change but I have nothing to add into it don't know what she was doing with my stuff as all was gd when I went in

So water change but I have nothing to add into it don't know what she was doing with my stuff as all was gd when I went in

If you can't water change try a waterfall. I think if you're worried you need to try something for your own nerves and the fish. You've no conditioner so can't change water. So try scoop some in a jug from your tank and pour right back into the tank from a height? See pic.

Could your Fish Sitter have overfed them? Do you've anyway to test your water?

Attachments

• manually-generate-oxygen-in-aquariums-2924721_Final-5bd36b4046e0fb0058b8a4e1.png
    manually-generate-oxygen-in-aquariums-2924721_Final-5bd36b4046e0fb0058b8a4e1.png
    416.5 KB · Views: 67
If they survive you might want to think about getting another tank and splitting your stock between the two - it sounds like you are stocked to the maximum. That doesn't leave any leeway when disaster strikes (and sooner or later, disaster strikes . . . :()

Hope you manage to save them.

Most reactions

Back