Help Need Asap,

spadge

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys after repairing my skimmer i replaced it on the side of my sump, went to get a jug to prime it and....... POP water all over my floor. ( Sympathy not essential but appreciated lol) :angry:

I luckyily fitted a stop valve to my overflow, will my tank be suitable with just powerheads for flow and my heater in the main tank?

Maybe a silly question but i want to ensure the oxygen saturation and flow will be satisfactory, i will have the sump replaced by monday, i already have a tank but need to divide it into sections. will this be ok?

It will be fine untill you can get a replacment, aim a powerhead towards the surface for good gas exchange.

I have a 3000 l/h powerhead which is always aimed at surface, i could purchase a air pump tomorrow if that would help, my main concerns were the build up of ammonia and nitrite due to decreased flow and filtration, will i get a spike at all due to the decreased bacteria my sump held? im so annoyed though, just got the basics down lol and my sump goes, luckily its not huge so could of been worse... id like to proudly state i did not crack under the pressure of my front room flooded lol

Just keep the powerhead there, test regularly an have water to do water changes if necessary!

Most reactions

Back