Help My Fish Are Dying Too

lindac

Reaction score
i HAVE 2 FISH TANKS ONE QUITE LARGE AND THE OTHER MEDIUM, OVER THE LAST 2 WEEKS I HAVE HAD ABOUT 15 DEAD FISH BETWEEN THE 2 TANKS AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. I HAVE TAKEN A WATER SAMPLE TO MY LOCAL AQUARIUM SHOP AND IT TESTED OK. THEY COULDN'T GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION SO I BOUGHT AN ANTIFUNGAL REMEDY AND SALTS FOR THE WATER. I HAVE BEEN USING THE TREATMENT FOR 1 WEEK AND I HAVE DONE A WATER CHANGE THIS MORNING. DURING THE TREATMENT I HAVE ONLY LOST ONE LARGE ANGEL FISH LAST NIGHT. I HAVE LOST ALL MY SWORDTAILS AND MOST OF THE NEONS BEFORE STARTING THE TREATMENT THE REMAINING 2 ANGEL FISH SEEM TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE WATER ALL THE TIME.

ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I BOUGHT SOME NEONS AND TWO SWORDTAILS FROM THE LOCAL AQUARIUM SHOP AND I PUT SOME INTO BOTH TANKS THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS THAT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEIR FISH, BUT WATER TESTED FINE. I DON'T SUPPOSE THAT THEY WILL SAY THAT THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW. SHOULD I WAIT TILL THEY ALL DIE AND THEN TRY TO CLEAN THE TANKS OUT AGAIN FROM SCRATCH?

I WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP THAT ANYONE CAN GIVE ME.

Any symtoms to go on, never let an lfs tell you water stats are fine, i would buy your own test kits, take a samplle of your water from both tanks to the lfs, and tell them to write the readings down for you.

Any symtoms to go on, never let an lfs tell you water stats are fine, i would buy your own test kits, take a samplle of your water from both tanks to the lfs, and tell them to write the readings down for you.
THERE ARE NO MARKS ON THE FISH AT ALL. I WAS THINKING OF TAKING A WATER SAMPLE TO A DIFFERENT SHOP ALTHOUGH TO BE FAIR THE LOCAL SHOP HAS A GOOD REPUTATION.

Are the tanks cycling.
How long has the tanks been set up.

Are the tanks cycling.
How long has the tanks been set up.
I HAVE HAD BOTH TANKS FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AND THIS HAS HAPPENED ALL OF A SUDDEN. I HAVE NOT LOST MANY FISH LATELY MABEY ONLY ONE AT A TIME .

Ok, it could be old tank sydrome, not much to go on without looking at the stats, also if you have lost alot of fish you could have a bad bacteria infection in your tank, but really need to look at stats to see whats going on.
Thats whys is so important to have your own.

Ok, it could be old tank sydrome, not much to go on without looking at the stats, also if you have lost alot of fish you could have a bad bacteria infection in your tank, but really need to look at stats to see whats going on.
Thats whys is so important to have your own.
CAN IT BE CURED?

Can what be cured old tank sydrome or bacteria.

Thanks for that, I think that sounds like my tank. It seems to be exactly what has happened to me. i hope I can get it back to normal.
I am beginning to wonder if my tank has got old tank syndrome. I have just lost another small fish and one of my large angel fish is swimming at the top of the water head up all the time. I have turned the temp up to 79/26 and I don't know if thats the right thing to do. I did a water change yesterday morning when should I do another?

Another water change, also check to see if they look like they have been sprinkled in salt, are the fish looking bloated or lost weight, gone pale or darkened in colour.

Another water change, also check to see if they look like they have been sprinkled in salt, are the fish looking bloated or lost weight, gone pale or darkened in colour.
NO THEY ALL LOOK OK

Just another water change then, good luck.

Most reactions

Back