help my betta~!

Kyle

Reaction score
It looks like my betta has hole in the head, but I have never heard of anything like this not on oscars. It is just like an infection above his left eye and kinda inbetween both of them. What is this and how do I cure it?

I can't see your fish so i can't diagnose it but if it has a hole in its head it might be "hole in head disease" (original :lol: )
Holes appear around the head, and fish may show no interest in food and swimming may become uneven.

Treatment: Make sure your tank is grounded as any electrical current flowing through it could cause this disease. If grounding the tank doesn’t cure it try medicated food
for a more detailed description try this link:

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/hdhith.htm

OR if it isn't as described in the link, it may be an ulcer or a sore of some other sort.
usually adding about a teaspoon of aquarium salt to every gallon of water, and a few drops of melafix should heal it up nicely.
some people have trouble with melafix and bettas due to potency so if you can find it, try "bettafix"

"The fish once contacted will see small pin holes at the head area.
It is caused by worms and in severe cases will drill a hole through the head and eventually kill the fish ... death is not immediate but a very slow process of weakening the fish down.

Metronidazole is the common medication for such problem.

Metro is definitely one of the medication. Dosage is very little, similar to formulin. There are also other types of medication which can be use also. Anyway, metro can be found in some of the liquid medicine off the shelves.

If require a purer grade, get from a vet.

Hole in the head is a common diease for almost any types of fish. Not just discus. Normally due to poor keeping and handling. Contagious"

i got this info of of the signapore betta site i frequent. i've never heard of metronidazole before myself though. best of luck. :/

Most reactions

Back