Help Me Stock My 75"

croggy

Reaction score
hi guys just got a L75" , W12" , H18" (NOT SURE ON LITRE)#

And i was woundering if you guys could help me with some good suggestions to go with my BGKF that will be its first inhabitant i was thinking maybe some clown loaches? ideas please also could someone help me with the actaul waqter area of this tank and then also help me figure out the coverage of the adult fish to stop me from overstocking when fully grown.

i want the tank to be a peaceful tank so please point out any mistakes as i am working out the list

LIST SO FAR:
Blak Ghost Knife Fish
5 cherry shrimp
3 clown loach

why wont they last long they are doing o.k now with the ghost and when i've kept loaches before they never even looked twice at the shrimp?

do loaches eat them why the loaches grow larger? (if that is the case the shrimp will stay where they are)

p.s. please explain to me the reasons why when you make a comment to help me better understand my fish . Although i have been keeping fish for yrs i have always taken my advice from the fist store and would now like to become a more responable fish owner

If your keeping larger fish in the tank, one of them could easily munch down the shrimp - shrimp are basically at the bottom of the food chain.

Also imagine 5 tiny red shrimp in 74 inches of water you would never see them. If you have a smaller tank and want to keep the shrimp maybe keep them in there.

Also due to the tank only being 12 inches wide - its not really suitable for the black ghost or the clowns as they will both make at least 12 inches in length as adults so they wont even be able to turn around properly in the tank - you would be better off if it was about 2 foot wide instead of just 1 foot wide.

For that reason I would go with smaller fish - I know its not what you want to hear but its just the reality with large fish they have to have wide tanks to be able to turn around comfortably.

Wills

I'm new to owning fish and was looking around the sight, saw your question about how many litres in the tank and used this website: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/information/calculate.htm Pretty sweet. Says you have 265.47 litres or 70.13 gallons. Hope that's correct. Sorry about it not linking, couldn't really figure that out.

*After posting it automatically created a link :)

I'm new to owning fish and was looking around the sight, saw your question about how many litres in the tank and used this website: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/information/calculate.htm Pretty sweet. Says you have 265.47 litres or 70.13 gallons. Hope that's correct. Sorry about it not linking, couldn't really figure that out.

*After posting it automatically created a link :)

Yeah, that looks right :) There is also a calculator on this forum: http://www.fishforums.net/aquarium-calculator.htm :D

thanks for the calculator

dam thats alot of water

looks like meds will need to be bought in larger bottles from now on lol

clown loaches very much enjoy shrimp as a bit of a snack...

So have you already got the BGK?

yeah he is currently in my 60 gal neon tank ( i know bad idea)

might move the neons and guppies to new tank and leave knife fish where he is

will a BGKF also eat bamboo shrimp?

tbf at only 265L it is really only an averaged size tank and as said isn't big enough for the BGK or Clowns regardless of the impressive length of the tank.

To put it into prospective it is only a bucket full of water more than your 60G neon tank

Most reactions

Back