Help Me Decide - Please

What do you think is the best subject for a big aquarium/pond?

• Snapping Turtle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red-Tailed Catfish

• Other (please state vis reply)

• Total voters
yeah, well its more of a vat really, but its pretty cool and has a couple of viewing windows on the front.
My Dad used to import and sell Koi so he set up the biggest 'pond' he could

My only suggestion would that what ever you get, get one free from someone who's got one that's out grown its tank. Not only will is help provide a home for an unwanted fish/turtle, but will mean there is one less it inadequent accommodation.

Sam

Thanks for advice Themuleous, I am hoping to do this, save myself money, help out someone stuck with a big fish and most importantly give a fish a better home. I say fish because I've seen people looking to rehome many fish but I've never seem snapping turtles for rehoming, they arent to common in Ireland!

I suggest that if you decide to get a snapper you google for some kind of turtle forum to help you out. Also, what sort of filtration do you plan on having? I think you would need a lot of biological filtration with either of those.

Yeah Im not sure exactly what filtrations on it at the minute, there are several large filters as the water quality for the Koi had to be kept tip-top but I havnt looked that closely yet. At the minute its just an idea, no concrete plans are in place.

Most reactions

Back