Help, Itching For A New Betta

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I’m thinking of setting up one of my tanks in storage and rescuing another betta from a lonely cup. Please tell me why I shouldn’t do this.

I misinterpreted the title. I thought you had a Betta that was rubbing/ itching and needed help.

I can't think of any reason to discourage you from getting more fish besides your holiday around America next year. The more fish you have, the more stuff you will have to move.

I misinterpreted the title. I thought you had a Betta that was rubbing/ itching and needed help.

I can't think of any reason to discourage you from getting more fish besides your holiday around America next year. The more fish you have, the more stuff you will have to move.
That’s what I keep telling myself. It looks like it’ll be 2 years before the move. How much more would an extra 5G hurt. Right?

Ha ha! I’ve been eyeing a black orchid at my lfs for some time. He’s gorgeous, but I already have three tanks up and all of them are still undergoing some aesthetic changes, even my quarantine tank. But if you already have a tank... and all your tanks are great... I don’t see why you haven’t picked him up yet.... :rofl::angel:

30F807E0-253A-4014-9248-556D172C07C0.jpeg
Gosh, ya’ll are all so bad! I cleaned one of my tanks, added the gravel, and have it filled. Oh, heater is in. I have to go get a sponge filter so I’ll peek at the bettas. If nothing calls out to me then I have an empty tank waiting. Couldn’t really seed it much yet without the filter but I did add a little gravel and an old nitrate pad that was in another tank. Gotta buy some plants too. It can start the bacteria growing at least. Oh, driftwood boiling too.

D25209EE-858B-4D9E-8F83-C1C61F2CC4E9.jpeg
I have a fish store in my storage shed. I sent some stuff to PheonixKingZ and still have too much. Embarrassing, really. I’m take another pic when done. Here he is though. Meet “Tex”!

The lady at Petco was nuts. I asked if they had any sponge filters and she said yes. She showed me sponges. I explained that I needed the actual filter, the piping. She said, “ Yeah, we recommend you just take out the stuff in this filter (HOB) and put the sponges in there. I had to explain why I didn’t want an HOB due to the betta’s tail. She acted like I was from the Twilight Zone!

Most reactions

Back