Help! Is this guppy pregnant

Stano

Reaction score
Is she close to releasing babies & how long roughly left, I can’t seem to get the timing right previous times

Attachments

• IMG_8057.jpeg
    IMG_8057.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8050.jpeg
    IMG_8050.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 24
Hello. Guppies are generally raised together, so the females are pregnant. This one doesn't look too far along to me. If she's close, you can encourage her to drop the fry by changing a little more water and doing it more often. Make the new water a little bit warmer. The flush of new water and warmer water will speed up the delivery process. Start feeding a little more food and a little more often. I've found that well fed adult fish show little interest in the fry as lunch.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Females usually appear 'boxy' when they're getting close to dropping fry...their tummy becomes more angular rather than round

We woke up this morning with baby guppy fry totally unexpected the fish in the picture was & still is the largest female with a black spot
Then they must have dropped them after you've taken these pics... But congrats on the fry... 👍
Females usually appear 'boxy' when they're getting close to dropping fry...their tummy becomes more angular rather than round
They only square off when they've used their max gestation period. For there are lots of females that will have a round belly when almost due.

Non of our females look like they are ready to drop but we do have fresh fry from this morning & another set two weeks ago the original picture is the largest female with a black spot judging from the picture 10 days left for that particular fish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 20

Most reactions

Back