Help! inactive male platy with no appetite

21pmoss

Reaction score
I would really appreciate some advice please. I have a 55L temperate tank with 2 guppies and 3 platys, all male. Over the last few days we have noticed that one of our platys has not been eating, appears lethargic while spending most of his time at the bottom of tank, and he appears to be breathing heavily. I have attempted to isolate him and feed him like that but no change. We also did a water change before installing a new filter along with the old one, and we are currently doing an internal infection treatment to cover our bases.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause and how to fix this? We have already lost one platy to popeye and dont want to lose this one as well...

We've checked water with 2 tests since the change which showed no issues, all our other fish are active and eating, and he has no physical symptoms from what we can see.
Thank you

Attachments

• 20201004_125557.jpg
    20201004_125557.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 55
This was a day before he started to go down hill but he looks exactly the same but is just so lethargic and not hungry now.

I would really appreciate some advice please. I have a 55L temperate tank with 2 guppies and 3 platys, all male. Over the last few days we have noticed that one of our platys has not been eating, appears lethargic while spending most of his time at the bottom of tank, and he appears to be breathing heavily. I have attempted to isolate him and feed him like that but no change. We also did a water change before installing a new filter along with the old one, and we are currently doing an internal infection treatment to cover our bases.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause and how to fix this? We have already lost one platy to popeye and dont want to lose this one as well...

We've checked water with 2 tests since the change which showed no issues, all our other fish are active and eating, and he has no physical symptoms from what we can see.
Thank you
This is how he had been.
Simple thing, have you checked the temperature of the tank
Hello sorry I forgot to thank you for you reply and yes it's at around 20-22°c

This is how he had been.

Hello sorry I forgot to thank you for you reply and yes it's at around 20-22°c
We haven't ever had a heater before at the store employe said it was unessarsery and it hasnt seemed to bother them ?

Has your house cooled down over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes you will get a fish that feels the chill more than others. This is what I call a highly bred fish, so is going to be more susceptible than some others.

Has your house cooled down over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes you will get a fish that feels the chill more than others. This is what I call a highly bred fish, so is going to be more susceptible than some others.
Yes it has we havent switch our heating on for the winter yet. And I will most likely grab a heater tomorrow what temprature would you recommend. Please and thanks you.

Most reactions

Back