Help In Choosing Tank

Maitham101

Reaction score
Im planning on purchasing a new tank , upgrading from 2 small 5 gallon tanks ,mainly guppies & swordtail fish , breeding & raising since one year.

I checked many sites and read about the subject in different sites till I found this active nice site.

Here are the choices that are compatible with my budget & the space.

Juwel Rio 240 , rio 300 or vision 260. They look good & reliable , I like the curve in the 260 while the 300 is bigger as I'm planning to go for marine aquarium later on & they are all compatible for salt.

Please advise about the built in filter as I heard there are some defaults in it.

I hope anyone can help me on this

Oh by the way I have fry guppies around 15 & today I got 7 new swordtail fry & the female died after words. Too bad Also expecting 5 other pregnant guppy females to give birth in the upcoming month. So I will be having lots of stock , so I need to be ready for it.

Thanks in advance

Regards

hi, in my opinion the standard filters in those tanks aren't good enough on there own. if you decide to go with a juwel i would replace it with an external, no only will you have better filtration but also more tank space and a better looking aquarium.

Have a look at ND aquatics. i have recently purchased one and now i have dont think i would have anything else in the future. build quality is second to none and there customer service is excellent. Whatever you decide, dont rush the decision as you want to make sure whatever you decide on is 100% what your after.

Good luck and dont forget a journal when you set it up, we all love a pic or two on here haha 

farmerhoggers said:
hi, in my opinion the standard filters in those tanks aren't good enough on there own. if you decide to go with a juwel i would replace it with an external, no only will you have better filtration but also more tank space and a better looking aquarium.

Have a look at ND aquatics. i have recently purchased one and now i have dont think i would have anything else in the future. build quality is second to none and there customer service is excellent. Whatever you decide, dont rush the decision as you want to make sure whatever you decide on is 100% what your after.

Good luck and dont forget a journal when you set it up, we all love a pic or two on here haha 
hi farmer,

what you said is true ,but if i went for juwel, the internal filter will be there as i cant replace or upgrade to another external one as i have to checked with many pet stores if they take the built in.i also checked for external filter & saw the ehiem for 350 liter is good & the reviews are good.

i checked yesterday ND Aquatics as you advised ,they look nice & trusty to have them ,but we don't have a supplier her in UAE for those tanks.

i went yesterday to the pet shop & saw the three mentioned aquariums , me & my wife found that the rio 300 is what really we are looking size wise  but not the final decision as we are checking more to see whats on the market.

as for the pictures i will post soon  my 2 small tanks they look nice really, one of the fry & other for the grown ups. & when i will get the new tank , i will definitely post pix & vid to take your opinion guys & show you the progress

regards,

hi,

sorry i didn't realise you was in the uae. have a look for fluvals roma range of tanks, similar to the juwel, also aqua one and eheim make some nice looking tanks.

eheim filters are good but if your on a budget have a look at the tetratec, or even see if all pond solutions or similar can be sourced out there, all good filters at a sensible price.

Update.
Hi famer

I bought juwel 300 rio. 350 liter. It looks great even though it's big for my house. But still it's a nice piece to own if you are going forward in this hobby.

I had some drift wood shaped like A & L & bought some nice stones & plants along with sand but not soft sand , it's like 2 to 5 mm. It looks nice. Started cycling n added some solutions that help in the process . I already have some guppies & sword tails, baby guppies & sword tails too in separate aquarium they are growing so fast.

I added some tetra neon around 15. Planing to get more fish that are compatible with what I have, I already have some pregnant guppies & swordtails , waiting them to give birth soon

Oh I forgot , the water still a lil bit cloudy but I know it will clear up as it's part of the process. Just let the tank takes its time.

I tried to upload some pix but it's not working as the size is too big

Most reactions

Back