Help Identifying Please

shelmck7

Reaction score
Hi
I work with my local RSPCA and we had a call from someone who needed rid of their tank asap. We have assisted and taken the fish in.
They had loads!! Some massive clown fish, red tailed sharks, tetras, cat fish and so so many more. We must have taken in well over 50 fish.
We have already rehomed some temporarily but I had some that I am not sure what they are.
I have attached some photos below, if anyone can help me identify these fish and let me know if any have particular needs, if they wont go in a tank with other fish etc.
Sorry they arent brilliant pics but I was using my phone. Also one that I didnt manage to get a photo of were a group of black and and white fish. They were like an inch and a bit long, black and white stripes but with fins like a guppy. I use to own fish myself similiar that were called zebra tetras or something I think but they have normal fins. These ones have floaty fins and tail.

Thanks for any help,
Michelle

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 34
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 38
Can't help with the ones in pic, but the zebra ones sound like Zebra Danios, egg layers that like to shoal and need long tanks of at least 4 feet long.

the one in the top is a golden barb for definate and the second pic is some kind of tetra.
it might be a bleeding heart tetra but i cant really tell

The second one is a tinfoil barb I think. They need to be in groups. :)

its not a tinfoil barn. its a kind of deep bodied tetra like columbian tetra or bleeding heart tetra.
you shosuld youtube both fish and see if they resemble your fish

actually i think lloyd is right, i dont think its a bleeding heart tetra unless its pretty stressed and lost some color? but it looks identical to some columbian tetra's i was searching the net looking at.

Most reactions

Back