Reaction score
6 Mollys ( they are going back)
6 cardinal tetras
6 bleeding heart tetras
6 Corydoras now got another 3 yesterday
1 plec
2 adf. (Already hand feed these)

I have been feeding flakes but the cat fish don’t get any

I have some wafers that I put in for the plec but everything else seems to get it but the plec and help with what to feed everything so they all get some

Thanks

Catfish need sinking pellets, something like this would work, a lot of people here also use Bug Bites. Not sure about the pleco except maybe put in an extra wafer to make sure it gets a chance? Hopefully someone else can advise.

Would I put a small amount of flakes for the other fish and a small amount of pellets in at the same time for the catfish

I have just bought some bug bites

Last edited:
Feed the cories and plec just before leaving the room for the night - that is, just before the room goes into total darkness. The cories and plec will find the food in the dark while the upper fish go to 'sleep'.

Corydoras need their own food because they have problems with high protein and with vegetable bases. The King British pellets are high in protein, too high for me, at 50%. The Bug Bites are ideal, they are in the mid 30% protein range, and being insect larvae the most common natural cory food. Shrimp pellets are good, if quality. Omega One is, there may be others. This is a substrate tablet food that is good for cories available in the UK, Ian Fuller was consulted on its ingredients, but I cannot remember the name.

All fish will love bug bites too, so don't worry when feeeding them, just make sure they get to the bottom. Cories will scavenge around for a couple hours over a sand substrate with this food. Ideal.

What species of plecostomus? Some are omnivorous, some herbivorous, some primarily carnivorous.

I have just bought some bug bites
Which ones?
The pellets are excellent, the flakes are not as good.
They do a bottom feeder formula with green packaging. The regular one has light blue packaging and is for surface and mid-water feeders.

the plec is an albino bristlenose and the bug bits I got are the small pellets in green tub

the plec is an albino bristlenose and the bug bits I got are the small pellets in green tub

OK. The mini bug bites are fine for the cories. Bristlenose are herbivorous, so use a good "algae" base tab, and I recommend Omega One's Veggie Disks. These have whole algae/spirulina for the BN, but they also have whole shrimp and fish for the cories, so both can feed from them. The veggie side is OK for cories, they will primarily feed on the bug bites.

Not all fish foods are high nutritive quality. It depends what goes in them. Omega One is one of the highest for this. Get the smallest sizes, you won't use a lot.

Most reactions

Back