Help don't know whats happened!

SHELL

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi

What do we do now?

our fan worm has completely left its outer casing and is jnow sat on the floor. the other two fan worms are thriving

is it finding a new home or is it dead?? the cleaner shrimp are now cleaning it!!

PLEASE HELP

shell

If the cleanershrimp are on it then they are probably attavking it rateher than cleaning it. :/

It is possible toput them back into the cases but this is extremly difficult to do. I would suggest tat you place the worm in a place where the shrimps cannot reach it and hopefully it will produce a new outtercase. Watch closely though, if it dies then it needs removing fast.

Sad News

The fan worm has died, we moved it but it kept going back to the smae spot where the shrimp seem to hang out, and when we got back it had died - our fist loss, hopefully the last for a long time

Cheers
Shell

Sorry about the fanworm :(
I dont have much luck with fan worms either yet i love watching them. Sometimes they get spooked and flee out of their cases.. once this happens they are very vulnerable and are easy prey to such creatures as shrimps.

I counted all mine yesterday, i have 13!!
do i need to get rid of them? all of which are growing very fast!
What do i do? are they bad?

fan worms are safe. yet they can become easy prey depending on the creatures that share the tank with them.

they do but its so small its not really measurable. Fish.. only a couple maybe tree in a 10 gallon nano.. shrimps, worms, corals etc.. as much as you like.

Most reactions

Back