Help. Beginner

i love

Reaction score
So 2 days ago i got a little tank a starting tank from top fin, $15 (I dont really know the size, but i dont thing its a 1+ tank or maybe it is.)
I got a betta and it wont eat, food is still floating around.
And then i got a little plant, 3 ghost shrimp thinking they'll eat the left overs and 2 mystery snails to clean as well.
The betta is less active now just staying at the bottom.
Whats wrong???

This is the tank (right one)
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752291

He is still getting use to the tank I mean I have had a few that wont eat for 4 days then after that all they do is try and get food so be patient and most of us here like to use bigger tanks for betta since they like space

He is still getting use to the tank I mean I have had a few that wont eat for 4 days then after that all they do is try and get food so be patient and most of us here like to use bigger tanks for betta since they like space

thanks i got a 55+ tank now and hoping to make a community and put my betta in it. But sadly my fish killed 2 of the shrimp just now and its extreamly active now. 1 shrimp left and 2 snails i hope they live.

My king betta ate my ghost shrimp but none of my smaller ones did they actually laid next to the shrimp and watched them even though I say that all betta have their own personalities

I hope your betta is friendlier toward snails than my boy Charlie. I had to separate him from the snails once I realized he'd nipped off an antenna!

I hope your betta is friendlier toward snails than my boy Charlie. I had to separate him from the snails once I realized he'd nipped off an antenna!

i hope so to i'm really enjoying the snails.

They're great, aren't they? I just bought a big tank which will be snail only. I've got 3 currently, but hope to get 3 more!

Glad he has perked up a little, your tank is not cycled either, so you will need to research a fish in cycle

Most reactions

Back