Help Ammonia Spikes in Shrimp Tank

KevinZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
So I just check out Mys shrimp tanks and there's death one, so I check my water Ammonia Nitrate And Nitrite it turns out that my Ammonia Is at 1.5! So I do water change already and I took out some Death shrimp, but Theres 2 shrimp that's are still hanging on They lying upside down and Their legs still moving. How can I help them? I alr separate them to a Jar With 25 Old water and 75 new Water. Anything that I can do to help the shrimp?

Shrimp are very sensitive. Do you have another tank you can put them in where the parameters are all good?

Shrimp are very sensitive. Do you have another tank you can put them in where the parameters are all good?
Yes I know about that a lil water parameter change is going to effect the shrimp .Both of them at My 55 Gal Right Now and they seem to be fine already I guess I'll leave them there. Catching shrimp inside 55 gallon is really something that I don't want to do lol. I had a lot of shrimp and I dont want to toss them out just because they will die. That's why I Post this thread but they seem to be fine for now. And my current 10-gallon shrimp still have some ammonia left I check it again 30 minute after water change and it's at 0.5 ill fast them 1 day and do another water change tomorrow I guess.
Idk what happened tho I vacuum out every leftover food after 12 hours I put them in I vacuum some gravel spot every weekly wc. I'll try to find out the source

Change most of the water now and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure the new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

If you leave the shrimp in water with ammonia, they will die.

Most reactions

Back