Hello

ymdeadwyler

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello. I am new to this site. My name is Michele. I am the proud mommy of 2 female bettas ( Thunder and Rainbow) and my handsome boy betta Thor. He is currently being a good daddy. I also have 1 Tiger Oscar (Buddy) who is a foot long and still growing, his best friend Speedy, a Feather-Fin Catfish. I also have 2 more Tiger Oscars, Dory and Nemo (who were loving named by my kids) they are just babies, and last but not least three goldfish Larry, Curly, and Moe. I have 6 tanks, a 75 gallon, a 55 gallon, two 10 gallons, and a 10 gallon breed tank for my bettas and a 5 gallon tank to put my females in after spawning.
I have just recently, for the first time bred my Bettas. I made sure to read up and do everything right. At least I hope I did.
It has been 39 hours now, there have been no changes in the tank, everything is working, temp is a constant 82 degrees, and Thor is constantly tending to his nest. I have my girl in my 5 gallon tank right now that has had Bettamax added to it to help her heal. I did not want to stick her in with Rainbow right yet. I also got microworms and baby brime shrimp ready to go when needed. So if there is anything that I am missing please let me know. Well I have ran my mouth enough. I look forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully learn some new things along the way.

Hi Michele,

You know its so good to hear that someone has reserched it all before going ahead and congrats on the fry.

Sounds like you pretty much have it all sorted tho you may need a bigger grow out tank that a 10gal as they get bigger - depends on how many fry you have.

Have you got all your food cultures set up for them? Do you know when to feed what?
also when the get to about a month it is best to do 25%water changes every day even if you have a filter as this waters down hormones the babies release that tend to stunt their siblings growth.

Sorry if you knew that lol :blush:

Good luck hun and keep us posted

Haha yes it is alot of aqua safe, some people like to have a bucked they can put a heater in and let the water stand for 24hours that way you dont need aquasafe.

IAL (Indian Almond Leaves) are very good for spawning for more than one reason. Firstly for the male to build his nest under and secondly it helps the fry. These are always handy to have around as they can be boiled and used as a tonic for sick fish or just add a small amount to your tanks to keep you fish healthy and coloured up.

Most reactions

Back