hello to the forum members

BigBurgassio

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just signed up today after a recommendation on this site.

Have a recently set up Ciano Black Aqua 60 tropical, had those little cotton ball things forming which now seems to have stopped, now have a bit of green algae growing, thinking to do a water change tonight, 25 percent.

Fish in tank, 4 endler guppies, 1 neon.

Cheers

Big Burgassio

Welcome!
what do you mean by the little cotton balls?

Hi Sgooosh

It was these little fluffy ball type things, first time i seen them i assumed it was something that had got in by mistake and fished it out then i noticed more of them, they eventually cleared up though, i assumed they were some type of algae ?

Here she is 😉, seems to be a build up of stringy green algae tonight, haven’t noticed it as much as that before. Did the 25 percent water change tonight , added tap safe also.

Neil the Neon featuring in both pics :)

Attachments

• 5AD80615-8153-4E41-907C-67B5B324060D.jpeg
    5AD80615-8153-4E41-907C-67B5B324060D.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DC6E412E-870E-49D4-9EB7-800FE0EED497.jpeg
    DC6E412E-870E-49D4-9EB7-800FE0EED497.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Here she is 😉, seems to be a build up of stringy green algae tonight, haven’t noticed it as much as that before. Did the 25 percent water change tonight , added tap safe also.

Neil the Neon featuring in both pics :)
nice, thats a chunky neon! Do you plan to get more?
I think neil would get along well with my lonely rummynose!
(I had 10 originally but they died in a horrible accident)

I found that aquatic plants help with algae. Fast invasive plants such as all floaters and vallisneria outcompete the algae.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 15
Good start Burgassio
If me I would add few more neons, Java moss and a heap of 🦐 shrimp.. Good for clean up.. Maybe some algae eater perhaps.

Disclaimer... I'm a newbie also.. 🤣

nice, thats a chunky neon! Do you plan to get more?
I think neil would get along well with my lonely rummynose!
(I had 10 originally but they died in a horrible accident)

I found that aquatic plants help with algae. Fast invasive plants such as all floaters and vallisneria outcompete the algae.
Hi, Yeah i do plan to get more, there were originally 5 neons and 5 rummy nose tetras plus the 4 endlers, but nine of them died with all the rummy noses wiped out, it was early on and i misread the heater settings which didnt help and possibly a bit of new tank syndrome.

Yeh i really need some live plants the plastic ones are ok but i want it to look more natural

Neil seems to be doing great, he hangs out with the endlers quite a bit 🤣

Good start Burgassio
If me I would add few more neons, Java moss and a heap of 🦐 shrimp.. Good for clean up.. Maybe some algae eater perhaps.

Disclaimer... I'm a newbie also.. 🤣
Thanks,

Shrimp sounds interesting and yeh possibly more neons plus plants, suppose i should get more mates for Neil, though he seems quite happy, just been watching him with my morning coffee, fast little fish and has a real solid look about him, was initially concerned he might not make it after the rest of his group died.

Possibly going to add a couple of alage eaters , though maybe 1 would be enough plus the shrimp, i really want to be careful not to over stock. I suppose with 5 quite small fish i have room for a bit more.

Hi there & welcome to our forum... :hi:
What kind of endlers are you keeping?

Hi there & welcome to our forum... :hi:
What kind of endlers are you keeping?

Hi and thanks for the welcome,

Thats a good question, one of them is orange tinted and the other some blue on it, ill try and get a photo posted to confirm.

Most reactions

Back