Hello, my name is Mike and I am addicted to fish.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tandor

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good Fishaholics Anonymous site? - j/k :fun:

I had a couple of 10 gallon tanks when I was a kid, but never had much success, now I know why (you mean you have to cycle a tank and perform regular maintenance? :eek: )

5 months ago I was admiring my bosses tanks, and she ended up giving me a 15gal tall eclipse system with 2 cichlids and a ple*o (here's your free crack). I now have a 10 gal hospital/quarintine, a 5 gal Dwarf puffer, and a 29 gal community tank. I have to say I was looking for a good all around fish site, and this looks like the place. So far everyone has been great and I almost spend more time reading about fish than I do watching my own. ;)

Tank inhabitants:
5 gal: 2 Dwarf Puffers, 1 oto
10 gal: 1 Cardnal Tetra with Ich :sick:
15 gal: 1 Red Jewel, 1 Firemouth, 3 Giant Danios (Gave the ple*o back to my boss as the one in here big tank died and he was growing like a weed in my tank)
29 gal: 1 Angel, 1 Red Tail Shark, 5 Cardinal Tetras, 1 Chinese algea eater, 3 Red Wag Platties, 10 platy fry

Thanks for all the great info and help so far,
Tandor

:unsure: hi welcome to the forum,if you cant learn anything here,sorry theres no hope for you,hope you enjoy the hobbie may see you in the chat channel regards fishbie23

LOL

:hi: to the site! We all have problems when we are new. Why have you got the cardingal tetra alone in a 10gall? Do you know when there's ich the whole tank should be treated?

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see you around.

:fish: ~Dana~ :fish:

Welcome to the Forum!

I would move the cardinal back to the main tank and treat the entire tank.

Good Luck with all your tanks. and if you do find a fishaholics annoynmous, let me know! :p

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

The Cardinal tetra is in the 10 by himself as he and 3 others were just purchased and was only in the main tank for 2 hours before I saw the ich. I didn't want to treat the main tank yet because of the fry so I just moved him til I could do more research. I started a thread in Fish Emergencies looking for more info. I feel really stupid because dispite reading about how important quarentining is, and having a spare 10 gal with just an oto, I went ahead and released them into the main tank. I do hear by swear to use the quarentine tank from now on.

fisbie23-What/where is the chat channel?

Alaska- I love my puffers. They are the most personable fish I have ever seen. Most of my fish swim over when I am near the tank, but it is only cause they are thinking about food. The puffers are next to my computer desk and they swim over to check out what I am doing, play follow the finger and are really fun to watch.

Thanks,
Tandor

:hi: to the forum.

It seems as though you've got a wide assortment of fish.

I'd suggest getting multiple quarantine tanks if you haven't already done so because you have a lot of fish.:D

This froum should be of great use to you. Keep close tabs on your tanks and the fish should do just fine.:D

I hope you stay with us and join our school. :D
:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Most reactions

Back