Hello, I am new.

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Hi there, I am whitecloudminnowguy09, just call me whitecloud for short if you do not want to say that name lol.
I have 2 tanks, 20g and 10g. I have a good amount of experience with wcmms (White cloud mountain minnows). I have only kept bettas, snails, wcmms, and corydoras. But I know the fishless cycle very well too. I used to have a 5g that I kept a few bettas in, (not at the same time of course) but not at the moment.
The 10g is home to 5 wcmms, and one nerite snail.
The 20g used to have Panda corydoras but RIP all of them, tank crashed sorta, long story, but now it is fine and I plan to add a school of fish soon!!
I am 2 years in in fish keeping. But have a decent amount of knowledge of different things. I know a lot about plants but know nothing about breeding lol. Both tanks are heavily planted and cycled and established.
Seya around fish nerds!!
-Whitecloud
1729549564583.jpeg

1729549466689.jpeg

Well, welcome to TFF... :hi:
Some may say that WCMMs are easy fish but I still think they have that certain charm... This is also why I keep them as well...

Welcome! I like both your tanks! (& gwand's too). I've kept wcmm & their smaller micagemmae brethren (Vietnamese sp.) in a couple tanks. I love them both. WCMM like a bit cooler tank temp. But they're not super hard to breed either. That's why you see them in feeder lfs tanks sometimes.

The breeding key seems to be a TON of plants low in the tank & only leave a ready male & ripe female in until they spawn. Remove the adults, & fingers crossed, you'll see fry. Then comes the harder part, feeding tiny little fry. They can graze on auf wuchs on the plants & tanks sides but they'll need more as they grow.

Most reactions

Back