Hello From The West Country

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Blobfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm not very good at knowing what to put in intros but I guess I should tell you about me and fish.

My parents had a tank when I was little which I loved and had my own special fish (a black widow tetra, can't remember what I might have called it).  They also made a pond which I was always hanging out by counting frogs and stuff.  They stopped with the tropical fish for some reason but when I was about 12 I wandered into a fish shop which I used to go to with them and that was it, I was hooked.  I think before that point it had never occurred to me that I could maybe keep fish myself.  I ran home very excited about the idea and my parents said "yes" which was excellent of them.  They were pretty enthusiastic about it and helped me all the way.  I helped Dad make the tanks and he helped me stock them :)  Mum showed me how to keep a log book with all the fish recorded in it and actually at the moment I am just writing a web based one (I used to be a programmer and like to keep my hand in).

I had a couple of tanks while I was at home which I really enjoyed and have kept fish on and off over the last 30 years as circumstances allowed.  The most favourite fish I ever owned was a beautiful Mystus leucophasis.  I generally incline towards oddball catfish and cichlids.

My OH is equally keen so it was a big decision when we bought our current home because, although we loved it, we realized there was absolutely no room for tanks. We made ponds to make up for it.  Some years later and we have some how managed to shoehorn three tanks in and have decided to replace our current ad hoc set up with a carefully planned one designed to maximise tank space - exciting times  :)  In hindsight we were wrong about there been no room for tanks, it's settees there's no room for!

Thank you fluttermoth  
thanks.gif

Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay! 
flowers.gif

Thank you and hello Skies, Blondielovesfish and ncguppy830!

Most reactions

Back