Hello From Quebec

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alexvpaq

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Alexandre, I usually speak french and learned english in school and on the internet, I'm 23yo, I enjoy cycling, the sport, not the long process of cycling my tank, this, I do not like lol. I like running too. I am studying to be a RN and I like about anything that is about biology, be it plants, animals or insects, I usually find it fascinating.  

So how I ended up here : I'm a pretty methodological person so I couldn't go and get a fishtank on a whim. So I started looking around for info what is good, what is wrong etc. I eventually found out about fishless cycling and found this website tutorial, favorited it and kept on looking for more information. In the meanwhile I've seen the mother of my girlfriend get a fishtank and kill a fish or two through the old ''put a hardy fish and hope for the best'' technique, really, this doesn't sound right to me at all. You're playing with little lives there and fishless cycling really appealed to me because of that. 

Took me a while to decide what I was going to get myself since at first my idea was to get a bunch of colorful fishes, then I found out that it's possible to have shrimp in a fishtank and that thrilled me! I have no idea why but they interested me more than fishes. Eventually, I found out about crayfish a few months ago and that was exactly what I was looking for, a fascinating little creature that will grow somewhat large, that is unusual enough to pique my interest and that is easy to care for.  

During my research I also found out about this whole art of making a fishtank look amazing and natural that I was totally unaware of, it really inspired me to make some sketches and try to make it look good. 

However, from what I read, there's no way I'm gonna put natural plants in the tank with a crayfish or I'll cry over my money being annihilated, So I went totally artificial, added a few rocks and a real nice branch in this 10gal tank. 

And I started the fishless cycling process and that's exactly where I am. Waiting for it to happen so I can go and get a white procambarus clarkii. 

Picture of the fishtank itself

Picture of the stand+tank

So what I did was hide the air pump in my wardrobe with the power bar and everything, this way the tank is really silent and relaxing. 

And now I'm here to act like a sponge and grab every bit of information I can to make things go as smoothly as possible.

Bon soir Alex (c'est le soir en Royaume Uni). J'espere que vous apprenez beacoup ici.

Et ne pensez pas que je parle francais tout le temps!

Bienvenue!

welcomeani.gif

Hello there neighbour! Are you from Quebec city or the province of Quebec?

Most reactions

Back