Hello From Ohio....

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Spike89

Reaction score
Hi I have been snooping around for quite awhile and just decided to dive in to these warm waters. I am somewhat new to aquariums, but I have owned them my whole life if that makes any sense. I have a 20 gallon that has been going for almost 2 years now that has recently become my temporary quarentine tank. Its a Marineland LED 20, with a Penguin 150 bio-wheel filter, and the supplied in kit heater.

My 45 Gallon Tall is an Aqueon with a real nice stand, Flourescent lighting, Aqueon Pro 150 Heater, and for filtration I have a Fluval 206 that process all of my water 4.6 times per hour. It was setup using the ATM Colony solution for a quicker nitration cycle. It sat for 7 days, after 3 the water was absoulutely crystal clear; PH 7.4, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 0, Ammonia 0, but sinse I am concerned about the Hardness being 142 PPM. I do have fish in the tank right now that I have added slowly in groups of 4-6 based on size. It has been two weeks now completely setup. My initial fish were 3 baby Gourami about 1" long, and 2 Panda Corydora. I have 4 More Pandas on the way. At the end of week 1 I placed in 6 Red Minor Tetras. All of the fish were very happy and after 3 days level stayed 100% the same. Yesterday I added 4 Long-finned Leopard Danios. My water temps are tested every 4-6 hours. Parameters are checked daily. The fish are fed three kinds of food throughout the week, in 4 small feeding sessions. All of the fish so far seem vibrant and happy. There are allot of warm colors in the tank though and am looking for something to offset this. Maybe 2-3 Blue Guppies. Suggestions are more than welcome.

My only other quetion would be...... Does salinity come into play in freshwater tanks?

welcomeani.gif
to TFF

Welcome aboard.

Salinity does not really come into play in freshwater tanks unless you are speaking of treatments for illnesses or perhaps for brackish freshwater, afraid can't help you there as I do not know very much about that side of things.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and give you a more detailed answer about that.

Hope you enjoy the forum and do post a pic or two of your tank set ups.

Hey spike welcome aboard!

Like charlie said, salt only plays a role if your fishes are sick or in slightly brackish water setup.

You seem to be doing good with your specs so don't even plan of putting salt there, most of your fishes are reactive to salt haha

Most reactions

Back