Helllppppppppppp

bigdave2009

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my fish have white spots on them......im very worried. also, the giant danios are picking on one of my platys ( just one of the 2) his fin has been bitten a few times. ( also the one the they are picking on, has the white spots) HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Sounds like White Spot(ICH).

Read this LINK to see if the symptons are the same and then you need to get some Methylene Blue to add to your tank along with raising the temp slightly.

I am not an expert but had this problem before and it worked.

Hope someone with more experience out there can help you.

Also do a search on ich in google and you will find out a lot more.

Dode

Hey

firstly turn the temp in the tank to around 18C (83F) this will help. The whitespot is likely to be a result of the fish being stressed out by being chased by the danios, It will need to be treated.

What size is your tank and what are the numbers of each species you keep?

Giant Danios are known to bully other fish especially if they are the biggest fish in the tank.

Hey

firstly turn the temp in the tank to around 18C (83F) this will help. The whitespot is likely to be a result of the fish being stressed out by being chased by the danios, It will need to be treated.

What size is your tank and what are the numbers of each species you keep?

Giant Danios are known to bully other fish especially if they are the biggest fish in the tank.

Ehh... souldn't that be more like 28C?

Generally, turning the temperature up by a degree or so for a few days will usually clear up Whitespot (ICH) however if it
persists, you can then try the Methylene Blue. Always use this as a last resort though - it's like you using medication. If you get over
it naturally, you become more immune to it - if you use medication, you don't :)

i have a 29 gallon tank
10 neons
7 fancy gupps
4 giant danio
2 zebra danio
2 sunset platy
1 dwarf gourami

I recently used Protozin to combat white spot, and it has now cleared, apparently it is quite a mild medicine as well.

i have a 29 gallon tank
10 neons
7 fancy gupps
4 giant danio
2 zebra danio
2 sunset platy
1 dwarf gourami

Personally i would remove the Giant Danios, the tank isn't big enough and you have nothing that will challenge them for the dominant position amongst the tank. if they remain the dominant fish they will continue to act in this way and you will have more stress related illness occuring

You could also try and swap the Giants for more Zebras as they really need to be kept in a larger group,

Lastly if your in the UK, Protozin and WS3 are two of the best whitespot treatments in my opinion

i have a 29 gallon tank
10 neons
7 fancy gupps
4 giant danio
2 zebra danio
2 sunset platy
1 dwarf gourami

Personally i would remove the Giant Danios, the tank isn't big enough and you have nothing that will challenge them for the dominant position amongst the tank. if they remain the dominant fish they will continue to act in this way and you will have more stress related illness occuring

You could also try and swap the Giants for more Zebras as they really need to be kept in a larger group,

Lastly if your in the UK, Protozin and WS3 are two of the best whitespot treatments in my opinion

What could i do with the giant danios, and how many zebras would i need....also i only have 5 fancy guppies due to ICK

Will your LFS not exchange them or at least take them off your hands? I honestly feel that they are far too boistrous for your tankmate and tank size. Personally i would also get rid of the zebras and go for similar fish to the other species that you keep, but if you were looking to add more zebras then i would get about 4 more, a shoal of 6 is far less likely to cause you problems.

Most reactions

Back