Heating

itstag

Reaction score
im new to this ..ive got a rio 240 been runing for 2 weeks now i need the temp to 30 and only gettin 27-28 the haeter that came with the tank was a 200 wat which i was gettin 27-28 so got a 300wat heater still readin 27-28 and thats with a 50wat on the other side .. ive looked at what power head that is in and its a 600 now ive seen that i can use a 1000 head would this be a better flow. and get my temp up to 30 or not thanks to all for the help

Is the temparature constant across the whole tank, or different then? More flow will only help if the heat isn't being spread evenly...

What Wattage heater do you have fitted, and what temperature is the room at?

Finally, why do you need a 30c temperature? If it's just for fishless cycling, it will be fine at a lower temperature. If you are keeping Discus or similar heat loving fish though, you obviously need to find a solution...

All the best
Rabbut

Is the temparature constant across the whole tank, or different then? More flow will only help if the heat isn't being spread evenly...

What Wattage heater do you have fitted, and what temperature is the room at?

Finally, why do you need a 30c temperature? If it's just for fishless cycling, it will be fine at a lower temperature. If you are keeping Discus or similar heat loving fish though, you obviously need to find a solution...

All the best
Rabbut
hi yes the temperture is all the same round the tank by 1c .yes i will be keepin dicus . its a 300w heater .i wouldnt say it was a cold room but ive not checed the room temperture ...thanks dave

If it's evenly heated but not getting to temp, you will probibly need to add a second heater. I assume you have an exturnal on if you are going down the Discus route? If so, a Hydor EHT 300 would be worth a look :good:

If it's evenly heated but not getting to temp, you will probibly need to add a second heater. I assume you have an exturnal on if you are going down the Discus route? If so, a Hydor EHT 300Hydor EHT 300 would be worth a look :good:
thanks for the advice in the end i needed another 300w heater which has done the job .Hydor EHT 300 i will hav a look at that ...thanks again

Most reactions

Back