Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi all

how do u heat a betta jar???

i no that peeps dont buy a heater for each so how do u do it

thanx

Room temperature? :huh: That's all I can think of...... :unsure:

hi

anotherthing is do peeps keep the lids on the jars or off of them???

wouls sittin som jars ontop of ure fishtank also b ok???

thanx

i have 3 tank in a room and that makes the room very worm so they are fine like that i dont put the lids on the jars just dont fill them up right to the top.
i would put the jars on top of the tank

you can get heat mats for reptiles tanks but i dunno how small they go.

you can also fill a larger tank say 6" with water and put a heater in that, then stand the jars in it.

otherwise you just need to keep the room warm 24/7.

this is why I would never keep a fish in a bowl or jar...:/

as for the lids, you need something to stop them jumping out, but it needs holes in to let in fresh air.

if the light on all the time then ddefo dont put jars on the lid it will just keeps heating the water and boil ya bettas:p

i said MY light is on all the time for the 1gal i was just giving a suggestion... o and you know theres a thing called a light switch right small fry

i just keep mine in a room where the room temp stays warmer..........

i have heard of people making covers for their small betta tanks to insulate them............

I use a heating pad (like the kind one would use for sore neck muscles). Depending on the length of the tanks, I can fit 4-6 1g tanks/ bowls on it. I keep it at the lowest temperature setting for 24 hours/ day. The tanks stay at a constant 76 degrees. I got my mat for $30 at London Drugs... most department stores should have them.

I have a fishroom that is always heated to 75-80, so those ones I don't need to worry about. But any that are in other parts of the house they either have a small 25W heater if the tank is big enough or it sets on a heating pad set to the lowest setting. (of course those are only needed when the temp starts to cool down like now).

Linda

all of my tanks keep heated by room temp and for the most part it works but its pretty unreliable, tempreture of a room tends to change. u could try one of those heat pads that plug into the walls, it worked for my cat in the winter and iv heard of people setting their bowls on them to keep the water temp warm. im not sure how many jars u have but if u have 100 or so ur gunna need a big heating pad :D or u could buy a space heater for ur room -_- i have one going but it sends to get a lil too tropical ;)

cutechic said:
I use a heating pad (like the kind one would use for sore neck muscles). Depending on the length of the tanks, I can fit 4-6 1g tanks/ bowls on it. I keep it at the lowest temperature setting for 24 hours/ day. The tanks stay at a constant 76 degrees. I got my mat for $30 at London Drugs... most department stores should have them.
Oh my God that is SO smart!!

I've got to get one of those :D

Most reactions

Back