Heaters - Are Two Better Than One?

KoiRich

Reaction score
My first ever post, in ANY forum.

I hope this is the correct place, my apologies if not.

I have just ordered my D-D Nano Cube and want to put the heater on order.
From other reviews/comments on this forum I'll probably go with the Visitherms but .....

1) Should I get two 50W rather than one 100W (eggs in one basket etc etc)?
2) If two are better will they BOTH fit in the third chamber? (
I'm going to have a refugium in middle chamber)

well.. if you use 1 heater if it breaks and lets say stops working your temperature will drop quite fast.. but if u use two.. u get the idea... that also works the other way around... if you use two and one freaks out and goes on max it wont cook ur tank ect...
i have two in my setup
Ter

How exactly did you calculate that? I only use 300W for 120gal. It all depends on how much of a temp difference there is between your room temp and the temp you want to keep the tank at. Then on top of that (especially with a nano) how much added heat comes from appliances like lighting and pumps. How much temp difference do you have? If its not much I'd do 2-50s or a 75 stealth.

Yeah I use dual 100watt heaters on my approximately 65g tank (45g display 20g sump).

If you can fit two 50 watters, do that. If not, a single 75 will probably be more than enough :). Btw, since you're a nano user, go ahead and visit the nano section, you'll get a lot more targeted help around there. And make sure you read the "pinned" threads at the top of all the saltwater sections to help you gain some knowledge :D

Well thanks folks, didn't mean to start a war but I think you answered one question, TWO heaters are OK.

All I need now is for someone with the Nano Cube to say if two will fit into the chamber.

Anyone got an answer please?

2 will fit in a 12gal NC so I'd say they will fit in a 24 as well.

Again you really need to know what temp your tank runs at vs. room temp so you know how large a heater you need. My 12 gal nano doesn't even need a heater to stay at 80 degres F where it is located.

Most reactions

Back