heater problems

braders

Reaction score
hey peeps.
my brother turned the nozzle on my heater (eco-therm that is what it says on i) has anybody got 1 similar because i dont know which direction it is too make the water warmer. its on 20C/72F and i need it on 24C/75F. Does anybody know???

wait till it clicks off.. then turn it so that it comes back on.

ONLY turn it a bit though... then wait for it to turn off and check the temp.

If its low turn it a bit more. if its right leave it, if its high turn it back the oher way a little.

Make a note of what way does what somewhere ;)

smithrc said:
wait till it clicks off.. then turn it so that it comes back on.

ONLY turn it a bit though... then wait for it to turn off and check the temp.

If its low turn it a bit more. if its right leave it, if its high turn it back the oher way a little.

Make a note of what way does what somewhere ;)
ok thnx. i'll end up putting an eletric wire around the tank to keep my brother away. :shifty:

no just get a few fises that are ill from a really bad lfs and put the fish down than tell ur bro if he ever messes wit ur tank again then u'll make him eat the fish.

and ur temp is within the comfore zone of trop fish so i wouldn't worry too much

:p :p just a quick one then all of the heaters i have come accross are if you are stood over the top of them with the control knob @ the top you would have to turn the dial clockwise for higher temps and anti for colder ones but as others have said only do it fractions @ a time and then you can be sure you are turning it the right way.

also most do have lights on them so that is another way of checking the temp and the way you are turning it

eg: if the light is off and you turn it clockwise and the light comes on you will no that has set the stat @ a higher temp

Most reactions

Back