Heater Pad

orange shark

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey,

I read on here a while back that someone had got a heater which was just a pad and kept the temperature stable. I've done some searching and can't find what they were talkin about or the thread it was in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, orange shark

Hi - just Google "Aquarium heater pads" and you'll see lots of info come up about them and also places to buy online.

Hope that helps.

Athena

thanks, ive found out information on them now i just cant find anywhere to buy them from in the uk?

thanks, orange shark

Hmm, I see what you mean. Having just looked again I can see that even doing a search on UK sites there's not much coming up for sales of them. I wonder if it's the same heater pad that is used for a vivarium?

I would suggest that maybe you go to your nearest aquatic centre, explain what it is you want and they may be able to order something in for you. My local centre has various catalogues for just about everything and they are always saying if I don't see what I want in the shop they will try to order for me. It's worth a try if you can't find them any other way.

Maybe someone else on here might come up with an online company you can order from.

Regards - Athena

ps - do you want one because of growing plants in your tank? Or just wanting it instead of an internal heater for a small tank?

Hi
We mentioned using a reptile heat mat in a thread on here, which we use to keep our gallon jars warm.

im going to use it as an internal heater for my 2 gallon betta tank

would a reptile heatmat not break when submerged?

thanks, orange shark

No you definately wouldn't be able to use the reptile heat mat inside a tank but can be placed underneath.

Do you mean an undergravel heater? If so Im sure one of the sellers on here does them as Im thinking of getting some. I think this is where I saw them but the site is down at the moment: http://www.dpfishways.com/

thanks, i'll check that site when its up

the reptile mat sounds like a good idea to sit underneath...looks like my backup plan!

thanks for all the help! orange shark

:crazy: THE REPTILE HEATER GOES UNDER THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK YOU STICK IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE GLASS UNDERNEATH THE TANK ON THE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

i think you could electroute yourself or the fish if you put it IN the tank, dont mean to yell but accidents happen.with me alot. lmao! :blush:

:crazy: THE REPTILE HEATER GOES UNDER THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK YOU STICK IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE GLASS UNDERNEATH THE TANK ON THE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

i think you could electroute yourself or the fish if you put it IN the tank, dont mean to yell but accidents happen.with me alot. lmao! :blush:

Netty already said that

Most reactions

Back