Heater Making Noises?

sbga

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my heater is making noises. The light in the heater has flickered. Now I hear this clicking noise and it's going in unison with the light flicker. Plus, I saw tiny bubbles coming from under the rubber piece on the end. Heater keeps tank at a constant temperature though. Should I continue to use it?

Thats really a decision you need to make on your own. If you don't feel safe with it then replace it. I've been running a heater for over a year now that has a lot of condensation in it. There is definitely water getting into it. I guess I like to take chances.... I don't plan on replacing it. The tank is on a GFI outlet, so when the heater does short-out it should cut power to the tank. "Should" does not mean "will" though. The heater could just malfunction and cook the fish.......

I have a heater than makes a clicking noise whenever it turns on for about a minute. It's been fine for a year. I also know all my heaters make a click noise when the light, so maybe its a noise associated with the light flickering. If you're worried I would replace it though. You could also try calling the company and see what they say.

Most reactions

Back