Have to give credit to the security on my TV.

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Have to give credit to my LG TV. Someone that must be visiting a neighbor tried to access the TV. The set threw up a warning that mobile access was being attempted and even gave the info that it was an iPhone and the name on the phone was Emily. Was given the options to allow, disallow or block. Of course I blocked. ;)

That's interesting- kind of weird that it would be able to obtain that much info from the device trying to log in-
Yes and no on the weird... I was a bit surprised that it gave me the name but not that it was an iPhone. Shoot, I could add code to any of my web sites that, when you visited, could give me any of the following.

Operating system on the device
Web browser being used
The other sites you visited since opening the web browser
IP address
And a lot more

I've done it as an experiment using a web programming language called JavaScript but don't use in practice although my forum software DOES report a users IP in the admin area. I always check the IP of a new user to see where they are connecting from if an initial post looks like they may be a spammer. No insult meant toward anyone but if a post is questionable and the IP puts them in Russia, China or the UK they are probably a spammer.

I'm sort of big on security. In fact, while CAPTCHA and/or reCAPTCHA work pretty well, I find both to be a pain. Even if you don't know either name you have seen. They are the security on sites that make you enter in distorted text or click on boxes that contain a certain item. I find it a pain so wrote my own that I inserted before the actual registration process for my computer help forums. Have not had a single successful spam-bot registration since I inserted the code yet it is much easier for a human. Check it out.

She honestly probably tried connecting on accident LOL.
I can see my neighbor's TV on my Bluetooth list, and if I pushed it, a prompt like that would pop up on their tv.
It would be easy to mis-click

Most reactions

Back