Have They Laid Eggs?

blueliz

Reaction score
Hi,

i just adopted some fish off a friend and earlier in the week moved the two catfish into my recently set up tank which was much larger, so at the moment there is what i have identified as a raphael catfish and what i think is a dotted catfish. they are at the moment the only fish in this tank.

when i turn the light off i've noticed that they swim about together with the dotted catfish on top sort of so they are nose to nose and they follow each others movements exactly then swim apart, really very cute to watch especially as the dotted catfish is really sociable and don't see the raphael that much, i think they are about 4 years old and obviously enjoying having more space, doesn't look like they are fighting or anything.

i came home today to see what looks like a pea covered in some kind of mucus on top of a rock, is it likely that one of them has laid an egg? if so will it hatch seeing as there is nothing else in the tank other than a few cherry shrimps? can mixed breeds mate? i have no idea if they are male or female.

thanks

Most reactions

Back